Flavorful, tender and moist chicken on top of seasoned rice and drizzled with a cheese sauce.
- 2 ¼ pounds fresh chicken tenders
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups parboiled/converted rice
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Add chicken into a large bowl. Add in the cayenne, oregano, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and olive. Toss the chicken so it is coated in the oil and seasonings.
- Pour the broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle the rice into the pot.
- Place chicken on top of rice.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Scoop rice and chicken onto a platter.
- Clean out Instant Pot liner.
- Make the cheese sauce by turning Instant Pot to sauté setting. Add the butter in and let melt. Whisk in flour and cook until it begins to bubble. Add in the milk, slowly, whisking well. Continue to whisk until mixture is heated through. When mixture is hot enough to melt cheese (but not boiling) add in the cheese and let melt. Stir in the salt, paprika and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle cheese sauce over each serving of rice and chicken. Eat and enjoy!
Don’t confuse parboiled rice with pre-cooked or minute rice. The rice kernels aren’t clumpy and glued together instead they are more separated. I found a bag of parboiled rice at Walmart next to the normal long grain white rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Try serving this with some pico de gallo and sliced avocados on top!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot