The yummiest cauliflower you’ll ever eat! Cauliflower is steamed until soft and then mashed with butter and dry ranch dressing mix. An easy 3-ingredient recipe with lots of flavor. My only regret was that we didn’t have enough.
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Optional: 2 Tbsp milk or cream
- Pour water/broth into the Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket into the pot. Remove the leaves and the core of the cauliflower. Place the entire head on top of the trivet. Alternately you can cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button (high pressure) to 15 minutes for a whole head of cauliflower or 4 minutes for florets.
- When the time is up move the valve to venting to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Remove the cauliflower and discard the liquid. Place cauliflower back into the pot. Stir in the butter and ranch dressing mix. Use a potato masher* to mash the cauliflower. I chose to leave mine a little chunky because I like the texture. You can also puree the cauliflower in a food processor or a blender. If you want the cauliflower a little creamier stir in the milk or cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check the broth to be sure it does not contain gluten.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 4 g