With only 4 ingredients this Instant Pot Mango Salsa Chicken will be a go-to summer recipe. It’s perfect over rice, on tortillas or over riced cauliflower.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 (15 oz) jar Pace’s Peach Mango Jalapeno Salsa (or other similar salsa)
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Add in the chicken into pot in a single layer. Pour soy sauce over chicken. Scoop half of the jar of salsa over the top of the chicken.
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for thawed chicken and 18 minutes for frozen chicken *(or for a more accurate time check out this post). When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken. If you want to thicken the juices in the Instant Pot make a cornstarch slurry by mixing 2 Tbsp cornstarch with 2 Tbsp water until smooth and then stirring the mixture into the pot on the saute setting. Stir the shredded chicken back into the juices in the pot.
- Stir the remaining half of salsa into the pot.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with rice, tortillas or even over cauliflower rice.
I like to use a combination of chicken breasts and chicken thighs.
Nutrition info is if recipe is made with chicken breasts.
To make gluten free: make sure salsa is gluten free and use a gluten free soy sauce.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot