Instant Pot Magic Meal is a smoked sausage, corn, zucchini, pesto and tomato dish that is magic because it doesn’t need any liquid to come to pressure!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package chicken smoked sausage (or smoked sausage), sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa or 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen white sweet corn
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in sliced sausage and brown for about 2 minutes on each side. Add in the onion, pinch of salt and baking soda and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Use the moisture that releases from the onions to scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Dump in the zucchini. Rinse the quinoa. Then dump the quinoa on top of zucchini. Cover the quinoa with the corn.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the pesto, tomatoes and goat cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Method: Instant Pot