An easy-to-make dinner of beef smoked sausage and potatoes in a flavorful sauce.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into quarter inch thick rounds
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (12 oz) package beef smoked sausage, sliced into rounds or half moon slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante sauce (I used mild)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add sliced potatoes to a steamer basket. Drop the steamer basket into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute for paper thin potatoes or 2 minutes for cardboard thin potatoes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Move the steamer basket out of the pot and set aside. Discard water in bottom of pot and dry out the pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the smoked sausage slices and let them brown on each side for about 2 minutes. Turn off the pot.
- In a bowl stir together the mayo, sour cream, pace picante sauce, milk, cajun seasoning, parsley and tabasco.
- Add the potatoes into the Instant Pot. Gently fold in the sour cream mixture to coat the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and let it melt (I used my air fryer lid for 1 minute. You can also use the keep warm setting for a few minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot