Flaky wild Alaska salmon is steamed on the top of red potatoes and carrots in your electric pressure cooker and topped with garlic, fresh lemon juice and butter. A one pot meal that is healthy and delicious!
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of red potatoes
- 5 peeled carrots
- 4 (6 oz) frozen fillets of wild Alaska salmon
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (plus more for serving)
- Salt and pepper
- Pour water/broth into bottom of Instant Pot.
- If you have small red potatoes, add them into the pot whole. If you have large or medium red potatoes cut them into halves or quarters.
- Cut your carrots in half lengthwise and then in half in thickness. Add them to the pot.
- Place your frozen salmon fillets on top of the carrots.
- In a small bowl stir together the butter, garlic and lemon juice. Drizzle over the salmon and the vegetables. Salt and pepper the salmon.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 4 minutes (high pressure). Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Test the salmon for doneness. The internal temperature* should be at least 145 degrees F. Scoop the salmon and vegetables onto plates. Squeeze extra lemon on top of fish and veggies. Salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 518
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 184 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Protein: 48 g