A fast and easy, dump and go Instant Pot recipe of smoked beef sausage, carrots, onions and mushrooms with a garlic balsamic glaze.
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 (12 oz) package beef smoked sausage, sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add broth and vinegar in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add in the onion, carrots, mushrooms, sausage and potatoes.
- In a small bowl stir together the oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir and serve.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add broth, vinegar, onion, carrots, mushrooms, sausage and potatoes into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl stir together the oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Toss well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, or until vegetables are tender. Stir and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker