A quick and easy meal made with ground beef, ravioli, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. All the flavors of lasagna without all the work!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 (25 oz) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (24 oz) jar your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Brown beef: Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef. Break it up (I use this tool*). Sprinkle in the garlic salt.
- Deglaze: When the beef is browned add in the water and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add ingredients: Add in the ravioli in an even layer and then dump the spaghetti sauce over the top of the ravioli (see my note).
- Pressure cook: Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add cheeses: Stir in the cottage cheese (or ricotta), mozzarella and parmesan.
- Serve: Scoop into bowls and top with a bit of basil.
I used a whole jar of spaghetti sauce and the dish was very saucy. If you don’t like it as saucy then you can use anywhere from a ½ jar to ¾ jar of sauce.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot with no changes. Halve the recipe for the 3 quart mini.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian