Tart, sweet, creamy citrus filling in a graham cracker crust that’s cooked quickly in your pressure cooker.
- 5 rectangle graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice (or ¼ cup lime juice and ¼ cup lemon juice)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp key lime zest
- Spray a 7 inch spring form pan* with non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan. Put the pan in the freezer.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg yolks until they are a light yellow. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk until the mixture thickens. Add in the lime juice and beat until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and zest.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the pie filling into it. Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom of Instant Pot. Place spring form pan on a trivet with handles and lower it into the bottom of the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the foil. Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool. Once cooled completely place pie in the refrigerator and chill (about 4 hours).
- Serve pie with whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot