A simple pasta dish with tomato sauce, Italian sausage, mushrooms and cheese.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onions
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the onions and mushrooms. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth and scrape bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Layer the pasta, tomatoes and tomato sauce on top. Don’t stir.
- Sprinkle in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve back and forth in between venting and sealing every 3 seconds or so, this will prevent foam from spewing out of valve. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheeses.
- Scoop up and serve sprinkl with parsley.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot