Baked biscuits are topped with a layered mixture of seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos and cheese. An easy weeknight meal that everyone loves!
- 1 (16 oz) can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits or homemade biscuits
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pickled tame jalapenos
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven and bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Turn Instant to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef, taco seasoning and onions. Break up the beef* and brown it for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off sauté setting.
- Sprinkle in the rice over the broth. Add in the bell pepper and tomatoes on top, do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. Stir. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Add dollops of sour cream on top and sprinkle on the jalapenos and the cheddar. Let cheese melt.
- On each serving plate place an open sliced biscuit. Scoop casserole on top of biscuits. Eat and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. No changes needed for the 3 quart pot. If making in an 8 quart pot increase beef broth to 1.5 cups.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot