Instant Pot Hot Cocoa Bombs are balls of chocolate that have hot cocoa mix and marshmallows hidden inside. You place them in a mug and pour hot milk over the top. Then the magic happens! The chocolate melts and the marshmallows and cocoa are released into the milk and make the most exciting cup of hot chocolate you’ve ever consumed!
- 4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 Tbsp dry hot chocolate mix
- 14 Tbsp dehydrated marshmallows*
- Optional: 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté (more setting). Add in 2 cups of water. Place a glass or metal bowl that sits in/on the Instant Pot without falling in on top of the Instant Pot. Add chocolate chips into bowl. Stir every minute until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Turn the Instant Pot to the Keep Warm setting.
- To make Instant Pot hot cocoa bombs you’ll need 2 egg bite molds.* Scoop about 1-2 Tbsp of the melted chocolate into the egg bite molds. Use the back of a spoon to push the melted chocolate around the molds and up along the sides and edges.
- Place the molds into the freezer for about 10-20 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp of hot chocolate mix to each mold and then fill the rest of the mold with the dehydrated marshmallows.
- Spoon more chocolate over the top of the molds to seal up the bombs. Place in freezer for another 10-20 minutes.
- Carefully but forcefully push the molds inside out to pop the bombs out of the molds. If desired, melt the white chocolate and decorate the tops of the bombs by drizzling the white chocolate over the top with a fork.
- To serve place a bomb in a large mug. Heat about 1 ½ cups milk until almost boiling. Then pour the milk over the top of the bomb. Stir until the hot chocolate mix and marshmallow mix is released. Drink and enjoy!
These are big hot cocoa bombs and the hot chocolate is very rich! You can serve about 2 people with each bomb.
- Category: Dessert