A 5-ingredient recipe for the tastiest and easiest pork lettuce wraps ever! Pin this recipe for later!
- 1 pound ground pork (you can also use ground chicken, turkey or lean beef)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice or jasmine rice (see note)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground pork and break it up*. Brown the pork for about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the water and scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the soy sauce, honey and rice. Stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid and stir.
- Scoop the meat and rice over chopped romaine, use it in lettuce wraps, over chopped cabbage or plain. Eat and enjoy!
I used parboiled rice but plain long grain white or jasmine rice works just fine too.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. This recipe will work great for the 3 quart Instant Pot. If you want to make this in the 8 quart pot you may want to use the pot-in-pot method since there isn’t a ton of liquid to bring the pot to pressure. For pot-in-pot method: pour 1 ½ cups into your Instant Pot. Then place a trivet into the pot. Add your ingredients for the recipe into a pan/pot that fits inside your Instant Pot. Lower the pot onto the top of the trivet. Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Then release the pressure. Here’s a video I made to explain it: https://youtu.be/hhBVsREuCEw
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot