Layers of rice, ground beef, refried beans, cheese, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, tortilla chips and more! Pile it all on your plate like a giant haystack. (This reminds me of a warm casserole version of 7 layer dip.)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos (loosely packed)
- Other: tortilla chips or Fritos, sour cream and guacamole
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and onions. Break up the beef. Brown for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease, drain it off. Stir in 1 Tbsp of the taco seasoning.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice (don’t stir in, just sprinkle in).
- In a medium bowl stir together 1 can of tomato sauce, the can of refried beans and 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning. Spoon the mixture evenly over the top of the rice. Pour the second can of tomato sauce over the top and spread evenly.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Turn off Instant Pot. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Then layer the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and jalapenos on top.
- Scoop onto plates and serve with tortilla chips. Spoon a dollop of sour cream and guacamole on each serving.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot