With loads of flavor this chicken and potatoes dish will quickly become a family favorite at your house. It has the perfect amount of seasoning and lemon flavor.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 ½ pounds yellow potatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 8–12 bone-in chicken thighs
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and parsley.
- Cut your potatoes into quarters. My potatoes were not small and not large. The quarters were fairly big. This is important if you don’t want mushy potatoes. If they are too small they’ll get overdone.
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Place chicken thighs into the pot, I arranged mine to fit into almost one single layer. Pour half of the lemon juice mixture over the chicken.
- Layer the potatoes on top of the chicken. Pour the other half of the lemon juice mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Optional browning step: Remove the potatoes from the pot and place in a serving dish. Use tongs to carefully place chicken on the platter. Pour the juices into a container to use later.
- Option 1: Use your CrispLid to brown the chicken skin in batches. Unplug your Instant Pot. Place the fryer basket on top of the tall trivet and place into the Instant Pot. Place your CrispLid on top of the Instant Pot. Brown the chicken in batches. I did 4 pieces of chicken at a time. I set the temperature to 500 for about 4 minutes.
- Opton 2: Use your oven’s broiler to brown the chicken skin. Place the chicken on a sheet pan and place under the broiler for a few minutes until the skin crisps up. Watch it closely as it browns fairly fast.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes. Drizzle some of the reserved juices over the potatoes and chicken for extra flavor. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Trying to eat low carb? You can make this dish without the potatoes. Just halve the olive oil through the parsley ingredients. Keep the cooking time the same.
This recipe is gluten free, just make sure to check the chicken broth label.
You can use boneless skinless thighs if you prefer. Keep the same cooking time.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek