Orzo pasta with a tangy dijon-balsamic sauce, chicken smoked sausage, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and parmesan cheese. Loads of flavor and an all in one pot dinner!
- 1 (13 oz) package Hillshire Farm Roasted Garlic Chicken Smoked Sausage
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small/medium zucchini diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 3/4 cup shredded/grated parmesan cheese
- Slice the smoked sausage into quarter inch slices. Add them into the Instant Pot. Pour the broth into the pot. Add in the orzo, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil and oregano.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When the time is up release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add in the zucchini, tomatoes, pepper and cheese. Stir. Cover the pot and let it just sit on warm with the lid for about 5 minutes. This will slightly cook the veggies. Remove the lid. Stir. Season to taste.
- Scoop into serving bowls and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot