Tender chicken and potatoes with a creamy rosemary and thyme sauce. You’ll be licking your plate. You will honestly love the sauce that much!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4–6 chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs
- 12–16 ounces of baby gold potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water (mixed together until smooth)
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around to melt. Add in the shallot and celery and sauté for about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot. Add in the vinegar and bay leaf. Add in the chicken pieces and potatoes. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme on top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for frozen chicken or 12 minutes for fresh chicken. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place chicken and potatoes on a platter. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Add in the heavy cream and the cornstarch slurry. Stir until thickened and then turn off Instant Pot.
- Serve chicken, potatoes with sauce over the top.
Make this with no changes in the 3, 6 or 8 quart pot. Doubles easily in the 6 or 8 quart pot.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot