Sweet and spicy tender pieces of saucy chicken made quickly in your electric pressure cooker.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold water
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Place chicken in the bottom of the pot.
- In a bowl stir together the sriracha, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for thawed chicken or 18 minutes for frozen chicken. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Move the chicken to a platter. Let the pot heat up and reduce the sauce for 5 minutes. I didn’t stir I just let it boil for 5 minutes. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot. The sauce will thicken up quickly. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
If you like it spicy you can always add more sriracha. I chose to keep it less spicy so my whole family could enjoy it.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot