An easy chicken and noodles recipe with cheese, sour cream, picante sauce, beans and corn. It’s a weeknight favorite!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1–3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 cup mild Pace Picante Sauce (or salsa)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Add chicken into Instant Pot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning (I started with 1 Tbsp and added more later), cumin, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button 10 minutes. Move valve to venting and remove lid. Chicken won’t be cooked through.
- Add in the rotini, black beans and corn.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Use tongs to move chicken to a cutting board. Chop the chicken and add it back into the pot.
- Stir in the picante sauce, sour cream, tomatoes and 1 cup of the cheese. Taste test and add more taco seasoning, if needed.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and let it melt.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot