An easy 4 ingredient breakfast casserole! With eggs, sausage and crescent roll dough it is reminiscent of breakfast sandwiches.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 fully cooked sausage patties (thawed)
- 1 small (8 oz) package Pillsbury Sweet Hawaiian Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, salt and pepper well.
- Spray a pot-in-pot dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each of the sausage patties into 4 pieces. Place the patties in a layer in the bottom of the pot-in-pot dish.
- Pour the eggs over the top.
- Open the package of crescent rolls and unroll them to lay the dough flat over the top of egg mixture. Some portions of the dough will overlap but mostly it should be in one layer.
- Cover the pot-in-pot dish with a lid or foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the pot-in-pot dish on top of a trivet with handles. Lower the dish into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Remove the pot-in-pot dish and discard the water. Place the pot-in-pot dish back into the Instant Pot without the lid. Place air fryer lid on top of Instant Pot. Air fry at 300 for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and air fry for 1 more minute.
- Slice and serve. Garnish with green onions if desired.
If you don’t have any air fryer lid you can bake this in the oven. Layer ingredients in a 8×8 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid