A creamy mashed potato casserole with cheddar, mozzarella and bacon. This is a crowd pleaser!
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Wash the potatoes and cut into cubes (peel if you’d like). Place the cubed potatoes into a steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Remove the steamer basket. Discard the water and then dump the potatoes into the Instant Pot liner.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes well.
- Add the butter, milk, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, mozzarella and half of the cheddar into the potatoes and beat until potatoes are smooth.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the mixture into a 8×8 inch baking dish. Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan and the foil and sprinkle cheddar and bacon on top. Bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven