Tender bites of chicken with black beans, corn, cheese, sour cream and Nacho Cheese Doritos.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 cups crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add chicken and broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle the chicken with taco seasoning. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes (visit here for more exact times depending on size of chicken breast). When time is up move let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and sliced across the grain into pieces or shred the chicken. Dump the broth out of the Instant Pot. Add chicken into Instant Pot. Stir in the beans, corn, Rotel, green chiles, sour cream and cheese.
- Pour the mixture into 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350° F. Then add crushed Doritos to the top and bake for 5 more minutes. (Alternately you can keep the mixture in your Instant Pot and use the air fryer lid to “bake” the casserole for 10 minutes at 350° F and then another 3 minutes with the Doritos on top.)
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add chicken, taco seasoning, beans, corn, Rotel and green chiles (and cream of chicken soup, if using) into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken. Stir in the sour cream and cheese.
- Scoop onto plates and top each portion with some crunched up Doritos.
For a more creamy casserole stir in a can of cream of chicken soup.
For a more cheesy casserole bake the casserole with an extra cup of grated cheese on top of the chips.
If you don’t like spicy foods then use mild Rotel and mild green chiles
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Slow Cooker