Ultra creamy and cheesy thinly sliced potatoes made fast and easy using your Instant Pot. A perfect side dish for ham, roast or chicken.
Equipment needed: steamer basket
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled or unpeeled
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- Slice the potatoes very thin (about 1/8th inch thick). Place them in the steamer basket*. Pour 1 ½ cups water in bottom of Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute (for paper thin, mandolin sliced potatoes or 2 minutes for cardboard thick cut potatoes). When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the steamer basket and set aside. Dump out water and dry out bottom of Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting (MORE). Add in the butter and let it melt. Once it is melted whisk in the flour, a tablespoon at a time so that there is no lumps. Add in the salt, pepper, paprika and onion. Add in the milk and whisk until the sauce is thickened. Be careful not to burn.
- Turn the sauté setting to LESS. Stir in the cheeses and bacon. Once cheese is melted fold in the potatoes and coat well with the sauce.
- Turn off Instant Pot or turn it to warm setting. Scoop onto plates and enjoy. For a more baked, casserole type of dish pour everything into a 9×13 inch pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make this with no changes in your 8 quart pot.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot