Lean ground beef is cooked in your Instant Pot or slow cooker with sea salt, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce to make a flavorful filling. It’s scooped onto a toasted bun and topped with cheddar, bacon, ketchup, mayo and pickles. An easy way to make burgers!
- 1 ½ pounds extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp pickle juice
- 8 strips of crisp bacon cut into pieces or crumbled
- Condiments: mustard, ketchup, cheddar slices, pickles, lettuce, mayonnaise, buns (toasted or not)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting (MORE). When the display says hot add in the beef and break it up*. Add in the onion. Brown the beef and saute the onion for about 5 minutes. Drain off any grease. Then add in the sea salt, garlic powder and Worcestershire and stir to coat the beef. Add in the beef broth and pickle juice and scrape the bottom of the pot to deglaze.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the bacon. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the meat mixture onto the buns. Top with desired condiments. Eat and enjoy!
To make in the slow cooker: Add beef, onion, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire, ½ cup beef broth and pickle juice into your slow cooker. Break up the meat with a spoon. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours and then remove the lid and break it up more. Cover and cook on high for 2 more hours. Remove the lid, break up the meat. Stir in the bacon. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the meat mixture onto the buns. Top with desired condiments. Eat and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. If you make this in an 8 quart pot use 1.5 cups of beef broth. Keep the same recipe for the 3 quart Instant Pot.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot