Creamy homemade alfredo sauce coats tender fettuccine noodles and shrimp. You’ll be licking your plate clean!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen raw shrimp (tail off, peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and swirl around to melt. Add in the onion and sauté for about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Break pasta in half and add it in a criss-cross pattern. Gently press down with a spoon to submerge as much as possible (it won’t all be covered).
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in shrimp and cream. Turn on the sauté setting and cook until shrimp is pink, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Turn off sauté setting. Stir in parmesan, salt, pepper, red pepper and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’d like a thicker sauce you can thicken with a cornstarch slurry in step 4.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Instant Pot