Chicken with garlic, lemon pepper, dill, and lemon juice encoated in creamy yogurt and then wrapped in a warm pita with diced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. A perfect summer meal!
For the chicken:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is okay)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full fat yogurt for optimal taste)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into tiny pieces
- Dill, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
Ideas for serving:
- Pita bread
- Diced cucumber
- Sliced red onion
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Add lemon juice, broth and vinegar into the Instant Pot. Toss in the quartered onion. Place the chicken on top of the onion in one layer, if possible. Sprinkle the garlic, dill, lemon pepper and salt over the chicken.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes (thawed chicken breasts) or 15 minutes (frozen chicken/chicken thighs). When the time is up let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut it into pieces. Discard the onion and the juices. Add the chicken back into the pot.
- Stir in the greek yogurt and cucumber to coat the chicken. Then add in dill, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice into the pot as well. YUM!! Serve the chicken in pitas, in lettuce wraps or as a chicken sandwich of sorts.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek