Chicken, cheese and bacon?! A sure crowd pleaser! Make it fast in your Instant Pot.
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 8 oz spiral pasta (like rotini)
- 4–8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Use kitchen shears to cut up the raw bacon into 1 inch pieces. Add the bacon into the Instant Pot and let it cook.
- While the bacon pieces are cooking cut the excess fat off the thicken thighs and cut the thighs (across the grain) into bite size pieces.
- When the bacon is crispy use a slotted spoon to move it to a paper towel lined plate.
- Toss the chicken pieces into the bacon grease that remains in the Instant Pot. Lightly brown the chicken pieces for a couple minutes Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and poultry seasoning. Pour the water into the pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the bouillon base and the pasta. Add the cream cheese on top (use anywhere between 4 and 8 ounces). Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit there for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the bacon on top. Let the cheese melt. (I used my crisper lid for this part…air fry setting at 400° F for 2 minutes).
- Scoop up and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot