Spaghetti with bacon, beans, chili seasonsings and cheese. A hearty supper that will fill up your little and big cowboys.
- 4 slices of uncooked bacon, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes (I used mild)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the bacon pieces and fry until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and place it on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon into pieces when it has cooled.
- Add the ground beef into the Instant Pot with the remaining bacon grease. Break up the ground beef. Add in the onion. Brown the beef and cook the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the beef broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the Worcestershire, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, lemon pepper and oregano and stir.
- Break the spaghetti in half and lay it into the pot in a criss-cross pattern.
- Dump the beans, tomato sauce and Rotel on top of the spaghetti noodles to cover them completely.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in half of the cheese. Scoop onto serving dishes and sprinkle each portion with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Eat and enjoy!
This tastes great topping with a dollop of sour cream and some diced green onions.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot