Baked potatoes with a meat and bean topping and then finished off with sour cream, cheese and bacon.
- 1 pound cubes of pork or beef
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 6 Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Toppings: butter, salt and pepper, sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon crumbles, green onions or chives
- Add meat into Instant Pot. Sprinkle it with the pepper, salt, paprika and liquid smoke. Pour in the broth.
- Place a tall trivet into the pot and lay the potatoes on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place the potatoes on a plate. Remove the trivet. Stir the chili beans and barbecue sauce into the pot. Stir together cornstarch and 3 Tbsp of water together in a small bowl until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Once mixture has thickened turn off the pot.
- Place a potato on each plate. Open the potato and top it with the bbq meat mixture. Top potato with desired toppings. Eat and enjoy!
I used 1 pound of pork carnitas meat that I cut into cubes. You can also use beef stew meat.
- Method: Instant Pot