An easy homemade hamburger pasta meal that will keep your little and big cowboys happy and full. Yee-haw!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz (about 2 1/2 cups) uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Add in the 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease drain it off.
- Add in the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Add in the pasta in an even layer over the top of the beef. Layer the diced tomatoes over the top of the pasta. Scoop the tomato paste in dollops over the top of the tomatoes. Add in olives, if desired. Sprinkle the ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and sugar over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for another 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the pasta until it is coated in the meat and sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top and let melt. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
I loved the wagon wheel pasta but if you can’t find them use cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni noodles.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American