Beef hot dogs, ranch style beans and corn cooked with a cornbread topping. You can cook this in the Instant Pot or the oven.
Equipment needed: pot-in-pot dish and sling/trivet
- 1 (12 oz) package of all beef hot dogs (I used Johnsonville Beef Brats)
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can ranch style beans
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 6 Tbsp cornmeal
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- For topping: shredded cheddar and diced green onions
- Slice hot dogs into ½ inch rounds. Add hot dog pieces, corn and beans (not drained), mustard and BBQ sauce into pot-in-pot dish. I used a 7×3 inch Fat Daddios cake pan*. Stir well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the egg, milk, oil and sugar until just combined. Spoon the mixture over the hotdog/bean mixture. Smooth the top with a butter knife. Cover the pan with foil and place it on a sling/trivet*.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Lower the sling with the pan on top into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let pressure release naturally for about 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Remove the pan and the foil. Scoop onto plates and serve topped with a sprinkling of cheese and diced green onions.
You can also bake this in the oven for 40 minutes at 350° F.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven