Fragrant, creamy coconut rice makes a perfect side dish to Asian main dishes, stir fry or curry. Super fast and easy to make with the help of your pressure cooker.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (13.25 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice, jasmine rice or parboiled rice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Shake up the can of coconut milk well before opening it and adding it into the pot.
- Place rice in a mesh strainer and rinse the rice for a minute under cold water. Shake off excess water and add the rice into the pot. Add in the sea salt and optional coconut oil.
- Cover the Instant Pot and lock the lid into place. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then remove the lid.
- Serve rice and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this recipe in your 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot