A simple French dish of thinly sliced potatoes with heavy cream and gruyere cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice the potatoes very thinly. You can use a mandolin if you have one.
- Add the potatoes to a steamer basket. Pour 1 ½ cups into bottom of Instant Pot. Drop the steamer basket into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket of potatoes. Spread out half of the potatoes in a pot-in-pot dish (I used a 7×3 inch pan). Combine the salt, peppers, garlic powder and nutmeg in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of it evenly over the potatoes. Pour half of the cream evenly over the top of the potatoes. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the potatoes. Repeat one more time (potatoes, seasonings, cream and cheese).
- Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on a trivet with handles and lower the pan into the pot (it should still have water in the bottom). Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Remove the foil and place an air fryer lid on the top of the Instant Pot. Air fry at 400° F for 4-6 minutes, or until cheese is golden. (If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can use your oven’s broiler or you can just eat the dish as is).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid