If you’re looking for a quinoa version of cilantro lime rice from Cafe Rio look no further. This side dish is healthy and delicious and pairs perfectly with any Mexican meal.
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp better than bouillon (chicken flavor)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Melt the butter and saute the onion. Stir in the garlic powder. Stir in the quinoa and toast it for a minute.
- Add in the water, bouillon, cumin, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Cover the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the timer on manual high pressure for 1 minute.
- Once the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Release any more pressure by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add if additional salt and lime juice, if needed.
- Serve as a side to your favorite Mexican meal or top with a dollop of guacamole and enjoy it by itself.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe.
Can I make this in the slow cooker? I haven’t tried this recipe yet in the slow cooker but I think you could do it. Just pile all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Here is a similar quinoa slow cooker recipe that I have made endless times that you may want to try also.
- Method: Instant Pot