Tender shredded chicken with lime and cilantro flavors served on a mini bun or roll. An easy recipe made with frozen chicken in minutes.
- 2 (about 1 1/2 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Optional for serving: slider buns, rolls, tortillas, lettuce leaves
- Place chicken in bottom of Instant Pot. Pour broth over chicken.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes on high pressure. Once the time is up let the pot count up to 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on a cutting board. Shred the chicken (I use these*) and place it in a bowl.
- Stir the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, mayonnaise and cilantro into the bowl. Coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Taste the chicken and then add additional salt and pepper to taste, as needed. (I used ½ tsp of kosher salt).
- Serve chicken as desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Just check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Can be served on corn tortillas, GF bread, or Chick-fil-A sells gluten-free buns for $1 and they are so moist and yummy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (just chicken)
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 38 g
Keywords: chicken, frozen chicken