Creamy sour cream sauce envelopes egg noodles, tender bites of chicken and mushrooms. All made in one pot, your Instant Pot!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8–16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- 1–2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken slightly against the grain into large slices. Then cut each of those wider strips crosswise into bite size cubes. Place chicken into Instant Pot. Add in the kosher salt, pepper, dill, garlic powder. Toss the chicken to coat in the seasonings.
- Add in egg noodles on top of chicken in an even layer. Then pour the broth over the top. Add mushrooms on top of the noodles in an even layer.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the contents of the pot. Add ¼ cup of liquid from pot into the sour cream and stir to temper it. Add sour cream into the pot. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to saute and add in the cornstarch slurry. Contents of pot will thicken quickly. Turn off Instant Pot. Add in the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop onto plates and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this in the 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot