A one pot meal with chicken, pasta, tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (fire roasted would be good)
- 12 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and saute for 4 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning over the chicken. Dump the tomatoes over the top of the chicken.
- Pour the orzo and water into a pan* that fits inside your Instant Pot. Using a sling* lower the pan on top of the chicken as evenly as possible. (I covered my pan)
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for thawed chicken and 15 minutes for frozen chicken (or follow this method for best results). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use hot pads to remove the orzo pan. Set it aside.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Stir the parmesan and spinach into the pot. Stir the orzo into pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian