Layers of lasagna noodles, seasoned chicken, corn, black beans, peppers, tomatoes and salsa con queso. A fun Mexican twist on traditional lasagna.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 4 cups cooked, cubed chicken)
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 oven ready no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) jar queso with salsa (see note)
- Tortilla chips
- If using cooked, cubed chicken go to step 2. If using raw chicken pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot and add the chicken. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes (for fresh) or 15 minutes (for frozen). When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Place chicken on a cutting board and shred.
- Place chicken in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the taco seasoning, the green chiles and a quarter cup of the queso.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the black beans, red bell pepper and corn.
- You’ll need a tall pot-in-pot dish (I use a 3 quart Instant Pot liner* inside the 6 quart Instant Pot liner for pot-in-pot cooking. If you don’t have a large dish you may need to cut the recipe in half to fit). Layer 1/3 of the following ingredients in the pan 3 times: tomatoes, chicken, 2 of the noodles (broken in pieces to fit), black bean mixture and finally queso.
- Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into Instant Pot liner. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the pan out of the Instant Pot. Remove the foil. Use a spoon to dig deep for all the layers and scoop onto a plate. Top with crunched up tortilla chips and enjoy!
Salsa con queso is usually found in the same aisle as the tortilla chips. There are several different brands such as Old El Paso, Taco Bell, On The Border, Chi Chis, Tostitos, Pace and the store brand. If you don’t love spice then buy the mild version.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use an 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot