Tender chicken thighs in a flavorful creamy tomato and paprika sauce served over pasta or rice.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is fine)
- 1 Tbsp paprika (ideally Hungarian paprika)
- 1 tsp dried marjoram(or you can use ½ tsp dried oregano)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- ½ cup sour cream
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and saute for 4-5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add in the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with paprika, marjoram, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Then dump the tomatoes on top of the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for fresh thighs or 15 minutes for frozen thighs. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water, until smooth.Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly. Turn off the Instant Pot. Stir about 1/2 cup of the sauce from the pot into the sour cream to temper it. Then stir the sour cream into the Instant Pot. Taste test the sauce and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice, egg noodles, orzo or cauliflower rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot