A creamy chicken casserole with rice and cheese that’s just so homey and comforting.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (or a combination of both)
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Don’t stir. Place chicken into Instant Pot (frozen is fine). Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes (the brown rice needs the longer cook time!). When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and shred or chop.
- Scoop the rice into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish or 2 8×8 inch baking dishes.
- Add the chicken on top of the rice evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream of chicken, green chiles, sour cream and green onions.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350° F oven. Then sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is easy to cut in half. Just halve all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same. Make into one 8×8 inch pan or follow air fryer lid instructions below.
Air Fryer Lid Instructions: If you have an air fryer lid* you can make this recipe completely in your Instant Pot instead of using the oven. Just follow steps 1-3. Then add chopped chicken back into the pot on top of the rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large bowl mix together the cream of chicken, green chiles, sour cream and green onions. Spread the mixture over the top of the chicken. Place the air fryer lid on top and use the “bake” button for 20 minutes at 350° F. Then add the cheese and bake for 3-5 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven