Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Chowder–this chowder is definitely a party in your mouth. With corn, chicken, bacon, cream cheese, potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper and more it’s chock full of tastiness. You’re going to be saying “let’s make this again next week” once you try it.
Get the SLOW COOKER chicken bacon chowder recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Chowder
Every bit of chopping and prepping was worth it. This chowder is really good. My mom and dad, kids and husband all agreed that it was a perfect dinner. The flavor is spot on thanks to the bacon and the cream cheese. There is goodness is every single bite.
A few notes about the ingredients…
Chicken–I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and used kitchen shears to cut off the fat and then I cut them into 1 inch cubes. If you’re not a fan of dark meat you can use chicken breasts. The chicken needs to be thawed and cut so that it will cook at the same rate as the potatoes.
Corn–I used a bag of frozen corn. I haven’t tried this yet with canned corn, but I bet it would be fine. Just drain the corn first before adding it in.
Bacon–to make it easier on myself I just used a bag of real bacon bits. I find this next to the salad dressings at the grocery store. They provide great flavor without the hassle of cooking the bacon.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Chowder I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
This chowder is definitely a party in your mouth. With corn, chicken, bacon, cream cheese, potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper and more it’s chock full of tastiness. You’re going to be saying “let’s make this again next week” once you try it.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (3 oz) package real bacon bits
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the diced onion. Saute for about 4 or 5 minutes. Pour in the broth. Let the saute setting stay on while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Cut excess fat off of your chicken. Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Peel and slice the carrots into ½ inch rounds. Dice the celery. Peel potatoes, if desired. Cut them into 1 inch cubes. Add chicken, carrots, celery and potatoes into the Instant Pot.
- Add in the frozen corn and the green chiles. Stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 5 minutes (if you don’t have a soup button then use the manual or pressure cook button).
- Dice up your bell pepper and green onion. Lay the cream cheese on the counter to get a little soft.
- When the time is up let the pot sit there for an additional 5 minutes (L0:05) and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the bacon, cream cheese, red pepper and onions. Once the cream cheese is melted test the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in the 8 quart Instant Pot. You can halve the recipe and make it in the 3 quart Instant Pot. Keep the cooking time the same.
This recipe is gluten free. Just make sure your chicken broth is gluten free.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.