Moist bites of chicken, cubed potatoes and crisp bites of asparagus are tossed with a seasoning blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder and more to create a well seasoned one pot dinner. Use the Instant Pot to make this dinner quickly.
- 1 1/2 pounds (6 small) Russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Wash potatoes and if you desire, peel them (I kept the peels on mine). Cut them into 1 inch cubes. Add them into the Instant Pot.
- Use kitchen shears* to trim the excess fat off the chicken thighs. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Add the cut chicken into the Instant Pot.
- Add salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and chili powder into the Instant Pot. Use a spoon to toss the seasonings to coat the chicken and potatoes.
- Pour the broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the pieces of asparagus and put the lid back on. Let the pot sit for about 5 minutes to warm the asparagus through and slightly cook it.
- Remove the lid. Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the chicken, potatoes and asparagus onto plates and enjoy.
You can use chicken breasts in the place of chicken thighs. They won’t taste as tender and moist but they’ll work if you’re not a fan of dark meat.
You can use broccoli in the place of asparagus. I would slightly steam the broccoli before adding it into the Instant Pot.
If you want you can thicken the broth that is left in the pot and make it into a gravy of sorts. Drain off the liquid into a bowl. In a separate bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and 1 Tbsp of water. Stir the mixture into the broth. It should thicken quickly.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE. Just check the chicken broth to be sure it does not contain gluten.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot