An easy 6-ingredient recipe for the tastiest chicken ever! A Filipino recipe of tender chicken thighs braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or 3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed (smashed with the side of a knife and peeled)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves into Instant Pot. Nestle the chicken into the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken pieces on a platter (if using bone-in chicken leave it in the pot and turn it skin side down). Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Let the sauce simmer and reduce for 7 minutes (I didn’t stir, I just set a timer and walked away). Turn off saute mode. Add chicken back in with the sauce and stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice and sauce.
This recipe works well with pot-in-pot rice. White Rice, Jasmine, Basmati, all work well. For more information on how to make pot-in-pot rice see this article/video.
For this particular recipe I personally wouldn’t use chicken breasts. They just don’t come out as tender as the darker meats. But I know there will some of you that will still want to use chicken breasts. Cook for 12 minutes for thawed breasts and 15 minutes for frozen breasts.
To make gluten free: Use a gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Filipino