A cheesy, creamy rice and beef casserole that is so fast and easy to make in your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and onions. Break up the beef. Brown for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease you can drain it off. Stir in the kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, Italian seasoning and bay leaf.
- Pour the broth into the pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Evenly sprinkle in rice. Evenly dump tomatoes on top of rice. Take spoonfuls of cream of mushroom soup and plop it evenly on top of tomatoes. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid and discard the bay leaf.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and use an air fryer lid to melt the cheese for a couple of minutes or place pressure cook lid back on top for a few minutes (keep on warm setting) and let cheese melt.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot