Potatoes, smoked sausage and corn enveloped in a cheddar and sour cream sauce. A perfect dinner or a side dish for a potluck.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 oz) package of precooked smoked sausage, sliced into thin quarter inch slices
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen corn
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2–3 Tbsp cornstarch or instant potato flakes
- Pour chicken broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Then add in the potatoes, sausage, corn, salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream and the cheddar.
- Then thicken the potatoes by adding in a cornstarch slurry or the potato flakes. To make a slurry mix equal parts cornstarch with cold water and stir until smooth. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot and turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. It will thicken within a couple of minutes. You can also use potato flakes to thicken . Turn Instant Pot to saute and add in potato flakes a tablespoon at a time until potatoes reach your desired consistency.
- Scoop potatoes and sauce onto serving plates and enjoy.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American