Ultimate comfort food! Cheese sauce envelopes tender bites of chicken and cubed potatoes. Make it fast in your Instant Pot.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (or you can use chicken tenderloins)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried onion
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add broth and chicken into Instant Pot. Stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion.
- Place potatoes into a steamer basket and place the basket into the Instant Pot on top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket and set aside.
- Stir the melted butter and flour together with a whisk until smooth and creamy. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot with the liquid and chicken. Stir in the milk. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Once sauce has started to thicken stir in the cheese and let melt. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Stir the potatoes into the sauce. Coat well.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot