Pasta, chicken, green beans and mushrooms are covered in a creamy, cheesy homemade sauce. An all-in-one-pot dinner that the whole family will love!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces (you can also use cooked diced chicken)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked cavatappi pasta (you can also use penne, cellentani or rotini pasta)
- 3 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 12 oz fresh green beans, washed and trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I like sharp for more flavor)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute button. When the display says HOT add in the butter. Swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the onion and saute for about 3 minutes. Then stir in the mushrooms, chicken, salt, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Turn off the saute setting.
- Add in the pasta and then pour in the chicken broth. Add the green beans on top of the pasta in an even layer.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When the time is up move the valve to venting. If foam starts coming out of the valve then move the valve back to sealing. Wait 20 seconds and try to move it to venting again. Once all the pressure is released remove the lid.
- Stir the half and half in with the cornstarch until smooth. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the half and half mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken up fairly quickly. Then add in the grated cheddar cheese until melted (another option is to just add the cheese to the top of the pasta and let it melt instead of stirring it all together).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot