Taco seasoned ground beef is cooked with brown rice, picante sauce, black beans and corn. Then sour cream and grated cheese are added to create a creamy delicious dinner that everyone will love.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning (I use homemade)
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (see note)
- 2 cups picante sauce (I use Pace’s mild)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef. Break it up*. Add in the taco seasoning. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the water.
- Add in the rice, picante sauce, beans and corn. (I layered the ingredients and did not stir)
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream and the cheese.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make this dairy free leave out the sour cream and cheese. It still tastes really good!
This recipe is gluten free. Just double check the taco seasoning for wheat. McCormick’s makes packets that say gluten free right on the front.
I used brown rice but you can also use white rice. If it’s long grain white rice just increase the water to 1 1/2 cups and use 1 cup of white rice. Cook for 4 minutes instead of 22.
Instead of black beans you can choose to use pinto beans or kidney beans.
Instead of frozen corn you can use a can of corn that has been drained.
Instead of ground beef you can use ground turkey.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: gluten free, instant pot