All the cheesy, delicious innards of a beef burrito made in one pot, your Instant Pot. Scoop it into bowls and top with sour cream, pico de gallo and avocado for a most desirable dinner experience.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 2–3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/3 cup beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 oz Mexican cheese blend
- Toppings: cilantro, pico de gallo, sour cream, avocados, etc.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up*. Add in the taco seasoning. Brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add in the broth and deglaze the pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Layer the Rotel, black beans and corn on top.
- Cover the Instant Pot and lock the lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Scoop into bowls and add your desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in your 3 quart pot with no changes. If you make this in your 8 quart pot increase the broth to 1.5 cups.
I used brown rice for this recipe. However you can easily use white rice! Long grain white rice, basmati rice, converted/parboiled rice all need 1 ½ cups of broth to 1 cup of rice. Change the cooking time to 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release. For jasmine rice rinse it first and then use a 1 to 1 cup ratio of water to rice and pressure cook for 4 minutes with a natural pressure release.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot