Mushroom and chicken penne pasta with a tangy and creamy sauce.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large red or yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Better than Bouillon chicken base
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 oz) package penne pasta
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onions and baking soda. Stir until onions start releasing moisture.
- Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Stir in the Better than Bouillon and balsamic vinegar.
- Dump in the pasta. Add chicken on top of pasta. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a large glass measuring cup add the heavy cream and sour cream. Stir in 1-2 cups of the hot pasta into the dairy. Stir. Then stir the whole mixture back into the Instant Pot.
- Taste test and add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop onto plates and top each serving with a tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot